Healthier, fresh and all natural Margarita recipes for Cinco de Mayo
Have a happier Cinco de Mayo with this healthier margarita, made with just a few fresh-squeezed ingredients! And be sure to hydrate between rounds with naturally alkaline evamor water. #ItsOnlyNatural
Here’s a recipe for a “Skinny Margarita” from WellPlated.com
This skinny margarita recipe is incredibly light and refreshing for less calories! Made with just fresh lime juice, fresh orange juice, agave, and tequila.
CLASSIC SKINNY MARGARITA:
- To rim the glass: kosher salt, lime wedge
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila (about 3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 large or 1 1/2 small limes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1/2 medium orange)
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar (add 2 if you prefer a sweeter margarita)
- Optional ingredients (see below)
- Rim the glass: Pour a thin layer of salt onto a small plate. Rub a lime wedge around the top edge of your glass to moisten it, then dip the glass into the salt so that it sticks, tapping all the way around. Fill the glass with ice and set aside.
- Fill a small cocktail shaker with additional ice. Add the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, and agave. Tightly close and shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds (it’s longer than you think). Strain into the rimmed glass over the ice. Enjoy immediately.
- Make it fruity: Muddle fruits like strawberries, blackberries, slices, or raspberries in the bottom of your glass, then pour the margarita on top and stir.
- Swap the citrus: In place of orange juice, try grapefruit juice (my favorite), blood orange juice, or pomegranate juice
- Rim it up: Instead of just salt, try mixing half salt and half sugar into your rim blend. A pinch of chipotle powder is another of my favorite twists.