Vegetarian Zucchini Pizza Boats
Need a quick, nutritious and delicious vegetarian meal that the whole family will enjoy? Our friend Carolyn Brown of Carolyn Brown Nutrition and Foodtrainers (follow @carolynbrownnutrition and @foodtrainers on Instagram) created these Zucchini Pizza Boats as a simple way to add more vegetables to your family’s diet, whether it’s #NationalEatYourVeggiesDay or a busy weeknight!
ZUCCHINI PIZZA BOATS
• 2 zucchinis (or more)
• tomato sauce
• fresh/ organic mozzarella
• Chopped basil for garnish
1. Cut zucchini in half and score the inside (think: make hashtags #), then scoop the inside.
You can chop this part up and add into the tomato sauce, or just munch on it while you cook
2. Fill zucchini boats with tomato sauce and mozz.
3. Cook at 350 for 15-20 min until cheese is a little bubbly and zucchini is cooked through.
4. Sprinkle with extra cheese and basil.