Put the Work in Workday – 10 Great Ways to Deskercise
You know that being active and exercising, along with eating a balanced diet and drinking plenty of (alkaline-rich evamor) water, are keys to maintaining your overall health. Yeah, we know you know. But even though you KNOW it’s good for you, sometimes it’s just hard to do! But hey, Baby Steps, right? So if you find that you just can’t fit a full sweat session into your schedule because of work, then make your working hours work for you! We’re talking about “deskercising,” and yes your coworkers might look at you a little funny, but most likely, they’ll soon be joining you in the weight-, err, boardroom!
We recommend setting an alarm as often as you’d like (say, every half hour), and rotate through the following exercises. When you’re done with a set, make sure you are also staying hydrated by keeping a 64oz bottle of evamor at your desk. Aim to complete a round of 15 – 20 reps of the following exercises:
- Leg Lifts- Simply sit up straight and lift one leg up, toes pointed up and rotate between legs.
- Core Squeeze- Hold onto both sides of your chair. Keep your back straight, abs tight and place your feet flat on the ground. Engage your core and lift your knees up towards your chest, lifting your feet off the ground. Squeeze that core!
- Got a swivel chair? Great! Grab ahold of your desk, engage your abs, plant your feet and use your oblique (side abdominals) muscles to swivel yourself from side to side.
- Chair Dip- Just like a bench dip, but instead of a bench grab hold of your desk chair (NOT your swivel chair, please!). Extend your legs straight out in front of you and use your triceps to dip your body up and down.
- evamor Curl – Grab a 32 oz. bottle of evamor and curl with one arm.
- Calf Raise – While standing, place your feet flat on the floor then stand up on your tippy toes and lower your feet back down.
- Desk Squat- Move your chair out the way and pretend you’re about to sit down, but instead hold your squat. Stabilize yourself on your desk if needed.
- Floating – Wanna feel like a kid again? Grip both armrests, cross your legs or pull knees together, engage your abs and use your arms to lift your bottom off the chair for 10 to 20 seconds, then sit back down. Repeat.
- Wooden Leg- Similar to Move 1, the Leg Lift, but hold one leg in the air for 5 seconds then pulse it for another 5 seconds then put leg down. Repeat on opposite leg.
- Sit ‘n’ squeeze- Wanna go really incognito with your deskercise routine? Simply engage your core (imagine you’re wearing a corset), sit up straight and squeeze in your buttocks for 10 seconds. Release. Repeat as often as you like. You can even hold the squeeze for longer, if you dare!
BONUS MOVE – Every time you find yourself on a phone call, GET UP AND WALK AROUND!! Do squats if you can, or even jumping jacks (if it’s a conference call and you can mute yourself). Just make sure you move it move it!
So, there you have it. We encourage you to really put the WORK in your workday by deskercising and staying hydrated! Want more inspiration? Check out these articles: